Saturday, October 23, 2010

I’m in China!? Never thought I’d say that…

 

Now we enter into China…first we arrived in Xingang, China which is a couple hours away from Beijing. What I picked up from the first impression of Xingang when we pulled into the harbor was it is a very industrial place and I learned that they have come a very long way.

IMG_3634 IMG_3662

I was unable to go ashore in Beijing and Shanghai…which I was pretty bummed about it but now I know for the next time I want to go there I will have a Chinese visa. So unfortunately I can’t tell you much about Beijing or Shanghai. What I can tell you is I heard amazing things about the Great Wall of China! I heard the toilet was disgusting and absolutely repulsive haha. A lot of people were sore from walking up to the wall…the steps from what I picked up are small then some will be really high so it really kicked their butts, literally! This really bums me out to have to write about what I heard everything about the Great Wall and the temples and everything else. Some positives to the day off in Beijing we had gorgeous weather and I laid in the sun by the pool which was fantastic. Jacqueline and I soaked up the sun and went swimming a bit…then just basically relaxed all day. It was nice to not have anything to do and kind of recharge everything from always having to go, go, go! As much as I was bummed to not get off the ship one of the guests brought me a couple goodies from Beijing which was so sweet of them! A set of chop-sticks (dad, i know you’ll want to use those real quick!) and a nice little plate with Beijing written on it…probably my favorite guests, too!

Shanghai…still on board. Again I was able to have another day off to just relax…it was an overnight along with Beijing. IMG_3745IMG_3708  There was an expo going on in Shanghai and I heard there was more than half a million people….Dad, you would have loved the crowds…especially everyone running into you and touching you! hahah. Yeah, right! Nah I heard from most of the guests there was way too many people out even just walking around in the streets. Shanghai skyline is incredible!IMG_3726

IMG_3728 

I went to a acrobatic show this evening and iIMG_3757t was unbelievable!! I couldn’t believe the way the performers were bending backwards like it was nothing…see for yourself. ;)

 

Hong Kong here I am! It is amazing here…and the skyline is never-ending. I just have to mention right now I’m laying on the top deck on the ship on a reclining chair in the nice breeze gazing into the beautiful scenery. Now all I need is someone special beside me enjoying it in the peace as much as I am. ;) It’s almost 9 in the evening and the lights are phenomenal…there was just a laser light show and it was so mesmerizing. See for yourself… IMG_3887 IMG_3870

So we arrived in Hong Kong yesterday, the 19th of October and I wasn’t able to get off the ship yesterday during the day but in the evening a big group of us crew members wanted to experience the popular night life…so we did. We took a star ferry ride which cost us $50 (Hong Kong dollars) so really it cost maybe 30 cents. It was so much fun with everyone all together enjoying ourselves! We ended up going to Zinc I believe the club was called on Hong Kong Island…because we were docked in Kowloon island. IMG_3980

Danced the night away…I cleaned up real nice and busted out this black dress I bought in Tokyo and of course a classy pair of black heels…which of course, sounded like a fantastic idea at the beginning of the night these are my most comfortable pair of high heels I own and boy, oh boy my feet are cussing at me today! Mommmmmy will you rub my feeeeeet?! Well at least they made me look great!! (dad, i know you’re shaking your head) Anyway there was loads of people out from all over the world…I didn’t meet anybody from America. It’s funny to think back a few months ago and if somebody asked where I was from my first response would be “Wisconsin”, right? Well now anytime I meet someone new we tell each other the country we’re from because it’s such a wide variety of places and nobody knows where little ‘ole Hager City is at, anyway!  Oh my goodness and while at the club with everyone somebody (my alter ego) twisted my arm and forced me to get on top of the bar and dance on the pole! Ahh who would do such a thing!? Yes, I danced my little heart out on that pole…Don’t you worry folks, I kept it PG-13 Rated…none of that XXX rated business. I had to let loose a little bit now that I was finally able to touch land again! The atmosphere was fantastic! The people…the music..and the energy was so positive and addicting. I made it back to the ship alive.

Let me just rewind before I get too excited here…pulling into the Hong Kong harbor was wonderful! I swear, the sky scrapers never end…there is a ridiculous amount of them here and they make your neck sore from looking up at all of them! But it was such a neat experience…I felt so giddy at 6am soaking it all in. I have noticed all in china it’s quite full of smog which is unfortunate…must be from all the coal burning. Anyway today, Jackie and the little 7 month old cruiser, Graeme, took on hong kong and navigated to the world famous Stanley Market. It was a beautiful bus ride there...however we felt so sick during the ride….these drivers are insane!! IMG_4002 

IMG_4044

 

 

 

 

 

 

The roads are very narrow and when two busses are turning in opposite directions it freaked me out….insane driving is all I’ve gotta say. I’ve decided I cannot marry somebody from China solely based on the driving skills. hahah I would be horribly car sick….and I don’t think you can just get used to something like that. Anyway Stanley Market…it was also never-ending..there were so many little shops one right after the other. I did end up getting a great deal on a dress…yesss! I think I paid about 5 U.S. dollars for it…cha-ching! The pier was stunning and I just couldn’t get enough of all of it. Can’t wait to come back here! IMG_3969

I have a couple sea days ahead of me…then we are in Phu My, Vietnam. Looking forward to it all, of course! Alright Beautiful night in Hong Kong….and I’m signing off. Goodnight stunning world, you. xoxo

P.S. ADDRESS TO MAIL:

“attn: SPA Jenna Hughes

Fitness Coordinator

MS AMSTERDAM

Geodis Wilson Australia Pty Ltd.Dock 7 1 Millennuim Court Matraville (Sydney) NSW 2036 Australia”

(I get to Sydney  november 13)

1 comment:

  1. What have you gotten me?!??~!?!? Anything yet!!!!?!?!??! :) Also, I agree that you can't marry anyone from China because I never want to go there so I wouldn't ever visit and then we wouldn't ever see each other.

    ReplyDelete