Saturday, October 2, 2010

ship is a rockin'

28.09.10

Day 5 on board ms Amsterdam…headed to Russia start…we went through Alaska on the Pacific ocean and by golly was it sure rough waters! I was so sea-sick the first sea day…it was awful…needless to say I didn’t keep any of my meals down all day. I’m so much better now and used to the roughness of the water…and being on the bow of the ship with the fitness center its probably the worst for bad weather.

Anyway…I have been so busy and sleeping so much and not being social after work…tonight this will change. I have been getting about 10+ hours of sleep after my long 12 hour days of work…its intense! I’ve been teaching with my colleague, Wagner (from South Africa), we both split up the classes..mostly stretching-type classes along with yoga and pilates. The demographics for this ship is mostly around 65 years old++! Seldomly will you find guests around their 40’s…but it has been nice to see people around that age and chat with them! You’d be surprised on the amount of energy some of those lovely older folks have! When I’m not teaching fitness classes or doing nutrition or personal training consultations I’ll be walking around the gym mingeling with the guests…usually helping them figure out how the hell the treadmill or the bikes work haha but it’s all lovely just talking with them.

We went passed the Alusion Islands yesterday morning….they seemed beautiful but you couldn’t see much from the fog but we did pass them. Today is Thursday the 30th now….we skipped out on the 29th, Wednesday from crossing the International dateline…I will never get september 29th 2010 BACk ever again! What a terrible thing haha. Oh well, there’s always next wednesday to cherish.

I’m on my lunch break now so just trying to crank something out quickly before I have to go back. We’re headed for Petropevlok, Russia and I don’t think i’ll be able to get off the ship…I don’t have a travelers visa…unfortunately. But i have a work visa and thats what they were most concerned about….however I have applied for one so I’m able to get off in the other countries we’ll be visiting. okay lunch is OVER.



Oct 1, 2010

October already…really?! Last night I got out of my cabin and didn’t go to sleep right after work…I was invited by a couple guests to a little get together “40’s and under get together” hahah…since being on a ship where there’s mostly 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s and even older it was pretty slim pickin’s to find a couple guests attending this party. We were up in the crow’s nest and had a drink on the hostess…a lemon drop, of course cuz I miss my mama. Well these guests are just so delightful and i’m so happy to be able to be spending so much more time with them and they are always in the gym so it’s nice to be able to socialize with them…its quite a treat.

Its so interesting talking with all the different guests and learning about all the different cultures…I try to take a piece out of every one of them and something about them that resembles a loved one back home is helping being so far away from everybody. I’ve met a good handful of folks from wisconsin/minnesota…and seattle and it’s so nice to relate to them and just reminds me of a chunk from home. I’ll be spending just about 3 months with most of these guests so there’s a huge potential to build some remarkable relationships with them…and you know me, I love keeping in touch with people…always! ha.



Oct. 2, 2010

Oh my goodness my posts are so scattered!! I literally usually have just a couple minutes to crank something out quick and inform everybody what I’m up to! Today we were in Petrovalski, Russia…i didn’t get off the ship, none of the crew were allowed off unless you did a shore excursion. It was pouring rain when we pulled in…and quite foggy, then as the day went on it ended up turning into a beautiful day…I stepped outside to get some shots of the mountains and the scenery. Definitely soaked up some vitamin D!!

I had dinner with a couple guests tonight they invited me to join them…then we caught the Moscow Magic show…and my goodness..they completely blew my mind! What a great show to catch…absolutely phenomenal magicians and they’ve been performing together for 27 years…and married for 27 years as well. ha!

And now i’m just winding down from the day…its about 8:30pm and we’re moving our clocks back another hour so I gain yet another hour of sleep…gotta get up around 5am to open the gym by 5:45am and get ready for my busy day ahead!

Alright enjoy the post…hope to hear from you all who are keeping up with me on here! Love the support!!! xoxo
Cheers and Smiles, Jenna

1 comment:

  1. Good thing you put the date simple on these last two October ones. I couldn't figure out what date the other was written on until after I read it. :) LOVE YOU JENNERS.

    ReplyDelete