Monday, February 7, 2011

Australia…my LOVE!

 

Honestly…where do I even begin?! November 13, 2010…What a significant day in my life…the day I was born 23 years ago and I was lucky enough to spend my 23rd birthday…in all the places in the world…Sydney, Australia?!#(!&@#)*&) You’ve got to be kidding me!!!!!!!! This has been THEEEEE one place in the entire world that I’ve always wanted to visit and here I get to on my birthday. Wow…I feel so blessed. Okay enough of that…Sydney, I’ll get back to talking the world about you ;)….

….First stop: Darwin, Australia….I wasn’t able to get off the ship this day but my first impression of Australia absolutely blew me away…my heart was racing and pounding out of my chest just by seeing a sign that said we were in Australia. I had to pinch myself a few times to bring me to reality which was we were actually in the land down under. Wonderful!! Cairns, Australia was next on the iternary….it was all so beautiful I wasn’t able to get off the ship this day either but mostly everybody went scuba diving into the Great Barrier Reef…hmm, next time perhaps.

 IMG_4883 IMG_4891 IMG_4877IMG_4898 Okay okay from Cairns we headed to Brisbane, Australia…which I really enjoyed my time there. We were able to hop on a complimentary shuttle from the cruise ship into this rather large shopping area…me and a few friends and we really just wandered around the streets just soaking it all in…walking into the little shops and still trying to get myself to believe we were still in Australia…haha I’m such a nut but It’s an exciting thing, c’mon now!!! We stopped at this local place to get some grub and everything was quite expensive I must say…I had a regular sandwich with turkey and some vegetables (dad, you love it…i know!) and it cost me about $12 JUST for the sandwich…So that’s a slight downfall of the beautiful land down under is everythings much pricier but It was well worth the extra buck or five. Continuing to wander around we just went all up and down the sidewalks enjoying the accents and the crazy lingo the locals have…ended up walking to this beautiful park area with a ferris wheel and some exciting folks participating in an outside workout bootcamp exercise which I would have loved to join them if i were dressed properly. Okay so Brisbane was stunning and I adored it as much as I could and would have moved there instantly that day if I could have! Let’s move onto the stunning, breathtaking, and glorious….drumroll, please…..ba da da da da dum…..SYDNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here we go…Sydney literally took my breath away. I’ll start you with this: IMG_4948 IMG_4962

To be honest…do I really need to explain or say anything more about Sydney? She’s a true beauty in my eyes and I plan on visitng her more than twice in my life.Give me a three times a charm, please. Anyway…I’m getting distracted here. Let’s focus…so its my birthday now and I’m estatic. My dear friend, Jay, and I hopped on the ship as soon as we were able to that morning…we practically flew off the gangway and scurried our eager bodies straight near the opera house.  IMG_4156 Obviously snapped handfuls of pictures…capturing absolutely everything around me I was so excited and full of life and couldn’t get enough of any of it at this point! IMG_4130

After we practically filled our memory cards I had to get back to the ship, change clothes and fly away to go on a run around the bold and beautiful, Sydney! I was ecstatic…and could hardly contain myself I figured I’d rid some energy and exhaust and challenge and enlighten myself with a wild run I was about to encounter.

IMG_5026IMG_5034IMG_5044IMG_5062IMG_5072

No comments:

Post a Comment