Saturday, February 12, 2011

I’m feelin’ good!

Life….oh life life life. What you have granted me…is so comforting and delightful. I feel so free and light like a bird…I can do anything. Everything seems so clear now…things are becoming easier…I run so lightly with a smile on my face and so poised now.  Just over a year ago everyday things were so difficult for me…moving, walking, bending, twisting, and so on. I have put all of the negativity behind me and I’m finding myself a whole new young woman with so much insight and strength to keep my head held high even in the toughest times of life. I am so proud of myself to where I’ve been and who I’ve become at this beautiful point in my life. I’m proving to myself more and more each day what I’m capable of….always challenging myself…never would I have imagined I would be in the places in the world that I’ve been! I am currently in Wellington, New Zealand just on my lunch break…prior to this I ate some sushi out on the back deck in the sunshine enjoying the stunning beauty surrounding all around me.

Wellington (8)

My senses are wide open and I feel like a whole new Jenna…everything honestly looks so much more stunning, everybody’s smiles seem brighter, and the atmosphere I’m surrounding myself with is a positive natured energy. I choose to be happy…I choose to make the best of every situation I’m placed in and learning to really live in the moment. Honestly I have no idea what is going to happen for me in the next coming months…I have been working on this stunning cruise ship for just about 5 months…and will be here for about 4 more months. Time has flown by…I just try to sit back and think what do I want out of this experience…do I want to do it again? Or do I want to move to a different part of the world and try something new? ANYTHING can happen…So I will remain here for the time being and soak it all in as its happening…keep my mind wide open and my heart open….I will be safe…and enjoy this opportunity while I’ve truly got the world on my fingertips. My philosophy…opinion…however you want to take it…Everything in life happens for a reason…if things are meant to be they will happen…keep an open mind…and listen to your heart…and truly follow your dreams. Truly let go and live in the moment.

Napier (11)

I keep thinking and wondering what is going to happen for me significantly in 2011…the possibilities are truly endless!! 2010 was such a huge year for me…so many things happened and I really learned a lot and accomplished an astonishing amount for the positions I was placed in and got myself into…and now I’m here New Zealand….really? I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. I’ve already accomplished so much being on the ship and really learned a lot and have been challenged so much everyday in so many ways. For example…in the mornings my colleague, Austin (from Botswana), and I are always instructing classes for the guests…one class we have is Total Body Conditioning…typically in the past I’ve been used to about maybe 10-15 people in a class…simple enough, yeah? WELL…a few mornings I had about 50 people show up…there isn’t enough space for a load of 50 people! So here I am….a part of me is jumping for joy with so much excitement!! The other part of me thinks ohh crap…where are they all going to go!? Have no fear…I can think on my toes. I scurried my guests up a couple flights of stairs to the stunning Sky Deck…where there’s SO much space….and I just lead a workout up there! It was a wonderful turnout and it was so empowering to be instructing this group of 50 people…I’m fearless and fierce when I’m up there with them! Great results and feedback from the guests when we’ve done that….so there’s a challenge that I took on and succeeded!…and I think I had just a little fun doing it as well. ; )

New Zealand…New Zealand ohh how beautiful and green you are. Auckland, Tauranga, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin, Oban…All I can say is you’ve absolutely blown me away and I had never expected such astonishing beauty coming from you. I’m very impressed. Napier I just wandered around with my dear roommate, Violeta, we went into a couple of the shops of course wanting to purchase everything…I refrained myself and just took pictures around the town.

 Napier (9)Napier (13)We had a nice time though..just quickly exploring the town..it was very cheers-like….nice to get some civilization around and order a sandwich from Subway…haha. The little things in life that you tend to miss while being on a ship…trust me, it happens. We had to head back to the ship fairly early that day…so enjoyed it while we had the chance. :)

 

Then we arrived in Wellington…I worked that day but I’ll leave you with a couple pretty pictures.

 Wellington (15)Wellington (24)

Then onto Christchurch….Mmm hmmm. The first thing I noticed were the accents of the locals… very English-New Zealand...the town itself is very proper English. I loved it! I did a tranz alpine train through the mountains....unbelievable. wait till you see the pictures. my goodness.

Christchurch (14)Christchurch (19)Christchurch (23)Christchurch (27)

The Train toured in and around these huge hills/mountains….bluffs (ha) and they were just unreal. The pictures really make it look fake! It was just stunning and endless!

 Christchurch (38)Christchurch (39)Christchurch (57)Christchurch (50)Christchurch (76)Christchurch (22)

After being on the train…we headed in to actual Christchurch the little town and oohhh my goodness I loved it there! Like I said before…it is very English. It made me want to explore more of England and all it has to offer….I’m sure I’ll be back in England sometime in the near future. Anyway though…Christchurch…have a looksy!

Christchurch (97)Christchurch (100)Christchurch (106)

I love exploring off on my own and learning about the town by myself….just to soak things all in and create my own opinion on things and enjoy myself to the fullest. : )

Christchurch (139)Christchurch (115)

 

Then we have Oban….Halfmoon Bay, New Zealand. Such a small small little island place. Again just wandered around…we walked up some hills to get into the actual town…maybe a half a mile away. Beautiful scenery and now sitting in the community center snaggin some free wifi. enjoy.

IMG_8736IMG_8744IMG_8757

Until next time…talk to you after Australia. We’re headed to Tasmania..then Port Arthur, Australia…and then SYDNEY!  : ) Life is good…no matter what.

1 comment:

  1. 1st. I miss you and am very Jealous
    2nd. You should totally right a book!
    3rd. I think I want to take your job
    4th. Shark in the Water?
    5th. Traveling and finding your self all in one really sounds like a life changing experience!!!
    6th. I am so HAPPY FOR YOU

    ReplyDelete