Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hidden Paradise….Fiji!

 

Probably one of the best and most spontaneous experiences so far being off the ship. A friend Jay and I grabbed a taxi and we were going to head to this rain forest he had heard about…then our friend Brianna came running along so we scooped her up and we were well on our way. Jamming out to Fijian music and some American tunes in between on the radio we really had an amazing day ahead of us and I was full of joy and laughter! IMG_5273 IMG_5274 IMG_5275

Laughing…Singing songs…taking pictures and really just thoroughly living in the moment we were in the taxi for about 30 minutes or so and we had arrived to the rain forest…we walked along the paths and a security looking kinda guy stopped us…stuck his hand out in a half handshake and half “do not pass” kinda hand…and said in such a firm voice “BULA!” Jay and i both just looked at each other in confusion and giggled. Then I remembered the taxi driver had told us “Bula” means “Hello!” hahah so we shouted it back to him and continued on our way. As if the heavens were to open up and the beautiful singing voice would come through “Ahhhhh” and a beautiful waterfall with a natural looking pool of water was right in front of us. I was in awe…this was stunning and so peaceful and all you could hear was pure live nature. We continued to see if there was anything else to appreciate ahead of us…of course the whole area was full of the same type of natural beauty and I was so happy about all of it.

We headed back toward the first waterfall we saw and ran into a handful of local boys who were on the rope swing into the pool. Of course…knowing me…I had to be the first one to try it out….and scared out of my mind!! Hahaha. Jay had this brilliant idea for me to keep my dress on and he would get pictures of me jumping as my dress would be beautiful…flowing into the air…sigh….sounds too good to be true, ‘eh?? Well I’ll just show you with pictures what happened next…  IMG_5627IMG_5660

IMG_5659  Hahahah…there you have it. You tell me…how flowing and beautiful does my dress look while delicately dropping into the water? Nicely done…I know. haha. Loads of crew started showing up and we ended up all having a little rope swing swimming party…so much fun! We also had a shot of cava root…its a muscle relaxer and it just sort of numbs your body but keeps your mind in check and sharp! Interesting experience I’d say.

Brianna and I kind of wandered off into the pool then into the waterfall….Yess…we hiked up the actual waterfall and had the best free deep tissue massage. I’ll show you… IMG_5720 IMG_5733 IMG_5704 It really was a day full of laughter and new experiences that I couldn’t change for anything. So happy to have had the opportunity to explore the hidden beauties of Fiji. There was also some beautiful markets around with beautiful people…beautiful large people as well selling beautiful goods. Fiji was overall just a wonderful place to be…I’d love to go back there someday. ;)

IMG_5342 IMG_5349 IMG_5358IMG_5807  

No comments:

Post a Comment