Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Jordan...Petra..Wonder of the World!


 
Aqaba, Jordan...First thing get off the ship and hop on a bus where we traveled a couple hours to PETRA....for those of you who are unfamiliar with Petra it is featured in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade...and I couldn't help but to think of that theme song as we were riding all the way there! Dun dun dun dun...giddy up horsie. We stopped at a few different places on the way there as you see Brianna and I embracing each other...as well as Violeta and I. 
Feel the love in Jordan
 
On the drive there it was so fascinating...seeing camels in the road and on the side of the street...or as I would just call it dust...or rocked-filled road.

Okay I'm not going to lie...to get into the zone of writing this I had to put the Indiana Jones Theme Song on blast hahaha. NOW I can concentrate. So once we finally arrived at Petra it really was hectic...there were thousands of people here to witness this Wonder of the world. To be honest, I wouldn't have minded if Harrison Ford were there with me as I hopped on my horse and explored the inner views before we went through Petra. Brianna and my horse man sufficed instead of Mr.Ford. Continuing on on our horses...which I'm not sure we were exactly supposed to veer from the group to get our official Petra tour...Oh well, I'm happy we did it...I hadn't been on a horse in probably over 13 years maybe? It definitely was quite the experience and the views we were able to witness were stunning and so rare.
After Brianna and I were completed exploring with our horses and owners we zoomed down to enter Petra itself. Like I stated before there were thousands of people and most of those people were all in separate groups but I don't always do well with organized groups...I like to explore off on my own all while trusting and listening to my intuition. What I did was just kind of wander through the gates of the men guarding...and just sort of join every group and get a taste of what everyone was speaking about and explaining the history and story of Petra to all of the visitors. I still definitely gained a phenomenal experience to explore every group and go as fast or as slow as I pleased...and that way I was able to run into multiple people I knew, and that I didn't know! Ha ;)
 





 Well I'll let your eyes explore what I was blessed to witness....
Johnny Depp?!



I was trying to be serious....


And then I like to hike to the top and receive this view!














And then there's a couple more photos I want to add to this compilation...my dear friend Aristotle and I went to explore Aqaba after I arrived back from Petra...He and I wandered around Aqaba and had a nice dinner...and just enjoyed each others company for the rest of the evening...



1 comment:

  1. I really like the image of the camel in front of McDonald's. It makes me smile! :D

    ReplyDelete